- About the Major
- Video Brochure
- Capital News Service
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- New General Education Program
- Scholarships & Aid
- Media, Self and Society Program»
- Four-Year Plans
- Faculty & Research
- Programs & Centers
- Shirley Povich Center for Sports Journalism
- American Journalism Review
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellows
- International Center for Media and the Public Agenda
- Journalism Center on Children & Families
- College Park Scholars: Media, Self and Society
- National Association of Black Journalists
- Society for Features Journalism
- Alumni & Support
Diversity in Sports Media: What Happened?
Date:March 27, 2013
Richard Eaton Auditorium at Knight Hall, 7 to 9 p.m.
Free and open to the public, refreshments served.
A panel of professionals meet to discuss the need for diversity in the sports media featuring:
David Aldridge, Reporter, Turner Television Networks
Mary Byrne, Managing Editor for Sports, USA Today
Keith Clinkscales, Creator, The Shadow League," Former Vice President of Content, ESPN
David L. Andrews, Professor of Kinesiology (focus on social injustices and inequalities, sociology of sport, healthy and physical activity), University of Maryland
Kevin Lockland, Vice President, Editorial, SB Nation
Moderated by Kevin Blackistone, Faculty, the Philip Merrill College of Journalism, columnist, panelist for ESPN's "Around the Horn"
For more information, email email@example.com
To learn more abou the Povich Center, visit www.povichcenter.org